Shahriar5252 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12.13.10 VINdows ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post

Originally Posted by Shahriar5252
Hi guys:

I just switched over to this VINdows Plutonium ROM for my Sprint TP2. I used to be on Sprint Lover's wm6.5.x ROM, but the developer stopped fixing bugs. Here are a few problems with VINdows Plutonium ROM on my TP2:

1. The volume buttons have lost the press and hold capability to quickly scroll the volume down. I have to keep on clicking on the vol up or down to go up or down.

I don't know that I've ever seen that feature. I can tell you that none of the recent HTC Volume Control packages have the feature (from Leo, Huashan, Oboe)

Are you kidding? The hardware volume up/down keys of all HTC phones with stock ROMs toggle the volume all the way up or down simply by PRESSING AND HOLDING one of these keys up or down. VINdows ROM on my Sprint TP2 is the only one that does not have this feature, so you have to put the volume up or down by single clicks of the vol up/down keys. I think it may be a problems with the drivers that VIN is using for the hardware keys or a simple registry tweak. If anyone knows how to fix it, please share with all of us.

2. Is there a way to disable the music that is played when the volume goes up and down?

Yes you can do that with the following: HKCU\ControlPanel\Volume\Mute Change from 3 to 1

Thank you. This trick worked perfectly on this ROM.

3. The on-screen keyboard does not have tactile feedback, and the option is not found in the Text Input Settings.

I can't help here. I don't know what keyboard vin puts in his ROM.

4. I installed all 4 tabs for Sense, and they all installed properly including the Footprints tab. But when I turn on the Footprint, it opens the camera and then a page comes up titled "GPS." It keeps on saying "Initializing GPS," but the GPS never initializes. Does anyone know what is wrong?

There's nothing wrong. Footprints is hard coded to use the Leo camera. It won't work correctly on the TP2 or any other device. You can still take GPS photos using the camera and then add them to the footprints tab manually

Oh well, can't have everything. For those of you that are interested, Resco's Photo Manager does have a built in feature that adds GPS location to any photos that you take. You can download a demo or buy it $10 from MS Marketplace. Other advantages are that it makes thumbnails come up faster in Resco's File Explorer and it does not cache files on your device memory (something that HTC Album and HTC YouTube do to make you run out of device memory without your knowing it).

5. The taskbar is using the old wm6.1 sharp-corner square icon for Ev (which is too small and hurts one's eyes), the icon with a phone handle over the signal bars is grainy because it is probably a QVGA icon, and the charge icon is the old one from wm6.1. I know there are some taskbars that in listed in the 2nd post by vin255764 but they all have small icons. I prefer the original wm6.5.x's big black and white icons as I used to have on my old ROM in which the Ev icon's letters were enlarged and placed in a rounded square. Does anyone know a cab for this?

There's nothing stopping you from installing a different taskbar. I've found THIS taskbar to work pretty well for me. If you want the stock one, download a custom taskbar and look at the files inside it. Then find the SYS you are using, download it, and find the stock files. You will need to recmod (google) the modules of some of the files used. Then just replace the custom ones cooked in the ROM.

The taskbars in your link are not for the original taskbar icons of wm6.5.x. I am still amateur at this, so if anyone had a CAB with the original wm6.5.x black and white taskbar icons, please share it with everyone.

6. In the phone settings menu, the option for NAM selection is unhidden. I would recommend that this option be hidden because as it happened to my first Sprint TP2, by switching the NAM the phone's radio became incapable of being recognized by Sprint towers even after a hard reset. So Sprint had to do a hard reset via MLS code, which resets the radio settings too. Then, my phone lost the ability to be recognized by Verizon towers when it went on roaming. So I had to get a new one.

probably personal preference. You can hide them if you like I suppose.

Yes, I know how to hide it in the phone settings registry key, but I just wanted other Sprint TP2 users to beware of the consequences of switching their NAM. For those interested, go to the following reg key and make this change:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting
"HiddenNAMSelectPage"=dword: 1 (original value in this VINdows Plutonium ROM is 0)

My replies are in green.