youngblack
Regular 'Geeker

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Epic: FROYO Security Time out change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 View Post
Unfortunately for Palm, they still have the same CEO (Rubenstein). He has been left in charge of the semi autonomous division of Palm inside of HP. Mark Hurd was the fellow who was let go by HP.

I do miss the ease of webOS and will probably really miss having Preware and webOS Quick Install. It was really easy to mod the device. But yeah. Palm let themselves get passed by. Kinda sad since I really like the phone when it worked.

On top of having better apps and hardware, then thing that sold me on the Epic was actually having a real honest to goodness usable camera on the thing. The Pre camera was ok when it first came out, but all of the updates made it almost unusable. I am hoping they can pull it out. but I don't have much hope. I think Palm needs new leadership.

Thanks for telling me about no lock. I'd seen it before, but since it said it wouldn't work with my forced exchange security, I didn't try it. Now that I am using a third party program, it might come in handy.

Thanks,
nnb
I'm trying out an app called TASKER from the market... a pretty good tool for the android it lets your set up task schedules and commands...

I even got it to work with insta mapper which allows me to conduct convert tracking on the phone itself if I happen got my phone lost or stolen... I configure it to listen for text message "GO PREY" tasker receives it and turns on GPS > Load GPS Tracker app > and then password locked it. I was blown away after my testing it works.

I think by sharing it with you.. about Tasker, this app has other abilities too... and may be another way around this "security time out change issue" if you configure the display settings within the app or something... looking into it right now.. will report my findings later.

Last edited by youngblack; 12-16-2010 at 09:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.