Threadstarter

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20
Re: Epic: FROYO Security Time out change

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
That's irony... I wonder how many others like me are out there... I too once had the palm pre. And for the same reason as you did I jumped on the Android bandwagon... I kind of started out using the pre more just as you did than using the epic. I bought the epic because I thought it wouldn't hurt to upgrade now when I'll always eligible for a full upgrade yearly as a premier customer. Last I checked when Palm fired a Ceo and hired a new one and scandals still exist...then they released palm pre 2, I knew for sure that there isn't going to be another Palm phone anytime soon... Because of what's been going on lately I didn't want to own another product made by hp. Imo, HP's reputations demolished Palms image... If I recall Palm pre back in the first half Jon Roberstien said there was web 2.0 to be expected... Everyone is waiting for adobe flash as promised in webos 2.0 ...but never did it occurred to me that we have to purchase new hardware to get flash... Imo I think they've been playing with us all year long. We had enough of their games and if that's wasn't enough... Why did nearly every carrier rejected the palm pre 2? Kind of irony, right? Anyway I was saddened by this news because I waited so long to hear something good. So Palm pre 2 was released first as a dev phone first before being made available for sale on hp's website... I didn't buy it because the hardware is very similiar to the original over-clocked but outdated original palm pre which I had... Anyway, I listened to what Rahul Sood said before after he got irked about not getting new hardware anytime soon. And well... it appears that he was right. So far right now rumored has it that Palm maybe releasing a webos tablet in the first half of next year...
I might buy it then as long as it doesn't require that I repurchase all the paid apps that I got from the palm pre app store.

I never bought the htc evo but I was sold to the epic at a sprint store when I did a comparison side by side. Meanwhile I just stopped using the pre. Even though I didn't want to but if you're like me I couldn't stand waiting for it at boot time whenever the battery died when I have the epic next to it booted fully at just less than a fraction of the time. I guess I kind of got accustomed to the quickness of the Epic. There's hardly any lag at all when it's clocked at 1ghz at default when compared to the palm pre which is clocked at 600mhz at default. Both of these phones I managed to stuff a bunch of apps like crazy and still get about the same lag on both when the pre's overclocked at 1ghz.

Back on the subject: you can try "no lock" as a temporary solution it basically sets a widget which you can unlocked from your home screen. When you're leaving your phone unattended, put it back on lock.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk while your mom was putting her clothes on.

Unfortunately for Palm, they still have the same CEO (Rubenstein). He has been left in charge of the semi autonomous division of Palm inside of HP. Mark Hurd was the fellow who was let go by HP.

I do miss the ease of webOS and will probably really miss having Preware and webOS Quick Install. It was really easy to mod the device. But yeah. Palm let themselves get passed by. Kinda sad since I really like the phone when it worked.

On top of having better apps and hardware, then thing that sold me on the Epic was actually having a real honest to goodness usable camera on the thing. The Pre camera was ok when it first came out, but all of the updates made it almost unusable. I am hoping they can pull it out. but I don't have much hope. I think Palm needs new leadership.

Thanks for telling me about no lock. I'd seen it before, but since it said it wouldn't work with my forced exchange security, I didn't try it. Now that I am using a third party program, it might come in handy.

Thanks,
nnb