View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:43 AM
nrfitchett4
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WHY does anyone want WP7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I would not call writing apps in silverlight progress...progress would be choosing an open source programming language...Its actually quite sad..now I got nothing against silverlight as a language..butt M$ has been known for creating programming languages by the dozen, be very poor with bakwards compatibility when language updates...and then eventually dump it in favor of a new one...

The complaint is not in WP7 itself..its how M$ approached it..they could have released WP7 as a new OS..same way palm did..and still developed winmo...they still are anyways inside Embeded..but by doign what they did means it wont end up in a consumer phone..thats what people are mad at.

Music, making calls, RSS maybe more :/
Music functionality is much more integrated in wp7 using zune, and much prettier too for those that care about it. Not to mention that 3rd party multitasking is coming in the feb. update (per rumors, MWC), so then what will you complain about.
Lack of hardware call/end buttons might be the only way you can say that making calls is easier on winmo
And sorry, but you should take a look at yomomedia on wp7 vs winmo, and the fact that podcasts can be subscribed to in zune makes RSS way better on wp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
The funny thing about this is... regardless of how "ugly" android may be its EASILY customizable to anyones liking. There are plenty of launchers and customizations you can do to make the phone look any way you want it to. As far as people going in a store and picking up and Android and saying its ugly... well... people must really love ugly things because there isnt anything selling better than Android right now... including the "beautiful" windows OS.

I believe I saw somewhere where for every 16 people that walk into a store and look at an android and a WP7 phone, 15 of those people are choosing ANDROID. Personally I dont care how "pretty" an OS is or the phone... give me functionality. Winmo didnt look bad but the crappy functionality is the main reason I ended up trying and loving android to begin with.
Care to share that poll...
That's like the ipad vs galaxy tab poll where they polled all of 60 people and didn't say when or where.....