View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:05 PM
DavidinCT
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Verizon TP2 MR3 upgrade is available

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
OK, so I disassembled both MR2 and MR3 for comparison. There does not appear to be a single difference in the OS payloads. All of the EXT packages are identical, all of the OEM jazz is the same, and all of the file sizes match. I'm not going to bother with hash comparisons on all of the files, but I can pretty much confirm there were no changes.

As for cleaning up the ROM like Mr. X did, I will take a look at it, but I could only dream of being as talented as some of our chefs. I haven't compiled a ROM since the Wizard days :P
Interesting, Why would they release a whole update when they could just release a radio (1/100th of the size)? Why they do things like that I have no idea. That's Verizon for you...morons

I thought I was pretty good with the XV6800, I knew my way around PPCkitchen like the back of my hand and make many custom roms for my own use. I guess the real reason was to get 6.5 on a 6.1 phone, the TP2 has 6.5 so I have not seen the need to try it. (I am unlocked tho, because I have tried radios, etc) If there is a way found to put WP7 on a TP2, trust me in about 3 days I would be the master at it again

Thanks for looking !

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !