View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 09:09 PM
jmart518
Cookin' Project: Teya
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.1.0 [09-Dec-2010]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
Ok finally got my sim card in the mail. I have configured it and ran with this new rom for the day. here are my observations:

PRO'S

1. Much smoother running than i thought it would be. I overclocked it after i flashed and it has been smooth sailing. barely any lag and no freezes or lockups on me yet.

2. It has everything i need in a rom. RSS hub, wifi router, opera mini, etc...

3. has a decent amount of memory available so that i can do things and listen to a podcast at the same time without getting the dreaded "out of memory" message

4. CHT lockscreen runs smooth as butter. in other roms when using the CHT lockscreen it bogs the phone down

5. never had a sim card phone so i was worried that i would need to keep it on global to send the text messages, thus killing the battery. But that wasnt the case. i configured the card then set the phone to cdma only.. still works

CON's

1. swype seems laggy

2. Alarm doesnt work!!! i tryed diff ring tones everything. it pops up on the screen but no sound. i use my phone as an alarm so now im kinda stuck

3. i do have one energy rom esk request. please include the ability to change your start menu layout. I always used "compact" which saves about 10 - 14 more mb's!! its a great tool.

4. CHT editor keeps giving me a crash error messege after clicking quit.. the changes are saved so it aint a biggy.. but its weird.

Other than that im good. im about to flash the newest one now.. cheers!!
Awesome, I am glad you got that dang card in and have it up and running!

Issues:
1. It is the newest version of swype which has haptic feedback, this may slow it down when compared to older versions. However, I haven't really experienced swype lag, other than when messages are loading. This is a known issue with HTC messaging.
2. I haven't had that problem, try again after you flash Teya 1.1.0 and please report back. Has anybody else had this problem?
3. I never considered it, because my start menu is optimized and the memory footprint has been reduced a bunch compared to stock. But I will definitely look into that for the next release.
4. This is a known issue with CHTE

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
This post has been thanked 2 times.