View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 05:21 PM
DavidinCT
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Verizon TP2 MR3 upgrade is available

Quote:
Originally Posted by thayer View Post
I'm more interested in how the radio performs. I live in a very diverse cell signal area and so if there is any improvement I'll let you know.
So far with it (as you might of saw, I just installed the radio), It's questionable so far.

I live in a problem area myself, use a network extender (that will grab a low powered tower when I walk over to the other side of my house, then will not re-connect to the extender resulting in dropped calls)

For the first testings, it seemed to work better but, over all if anything 1-2% better, I still result in dropped calls a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
I will break apart both releases tomorrow and do a hash comparison. From what I saw, the OS payloads were the same size in both, and the versions said they were the same build. If Verizon had updated anything, I would expect them to change the build numbers, but you never know.

Also, I don't know if Mr. X will be messing around with the TP2 stuff anymore. I know he posted what he did, so maybe I'll look that up while I'm at it
Thanks, I'm wondering (and I am sure a lot of others are), even with Mr. X's fixed MR2 build, I still have SOD problems a lot and other lockups (hard reset a few times now), so it makes me wonder if anything is really fixed.

As I said above, the radio is maybe a hair bit better but, not that much better in my tests.

If it was a unlocked version (really don't want to have to possably pay to unlock my phone again), I would nuke and try it today.....

Thanks again !

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 12-09-2010 at 05:27 PM.