View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 10:37 AM
SweetBearCub
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible? Using Win7 x64, "pass" TP2 USB tethered 'net connection to a router?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
I'll be testing this out tomorrow, but I've used Connectify in the past to use my laptop as a wireless router when we didn't have one. It just shares your Internet pipe, so it shouldn't matter where that connection is coming from.

Where did you Connectify Today?
I just tried Connectify. While the AP it creates is great, be warned that its UI is quite slow, and due to limitation in the internal Win7 drivers they use, you are forced to use WPA2-PSK security if you set it up in AP mode - Though that's not a bad thing security-wise, some people might not want to be forced to use the security for various reasons. It seems to work great for my needs, and looks like it'll save me from having to use a power outlet.

At some point I'll be looking into using an actual physical wireless AP, but not this week. Heavy rain and medical issues have me just about house-bound.

Thanks!

Last edited by SweetBearCub; 12-09-2010 at 01:07 PM.