View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 05:19 PM
SweetBearCub
Regular 'Geeker

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Possible? Using Win7 x64, "pass" TP2 USB tethered 'net connection to a router?

It's recently been brought to my attention that my TP2's WiFi Internet Sharing signal can be seen by others not in my apartment, even though my building seems like a black hole for WiFi signals, and I have my TP2's WiFi operating in its lowest power mode possible. Its WEP security is easily crackable, unfortunately.

I'd like to be able to switch my TP2 to USB tethering mode, and redirect that Internet connection to my Ethernet port, where a more sophisticated wireless router can broadcast it, but with WPA2 encryption. (I have 2 devices sharing my TP2's Internet connection - My desktop, and a mobile device I use to read in bed/on the couch, plus I'd like to provide a WiFi connection for visitors.)

I tried using the "Bridge Connections" option in the Win7 network adapter control area, but was unable to quite figure out how to successfully get the wireless router to "see" that it had a valid Internet connection coming from my PC's Ethernet port and into its WAN (Ethernet) input port. I also tried loading PDANet onto my TP2, since it presents the tethered Internet connection differently - As an actual modem, instead of a WM-specific Internet Sharing device. I still didn't have any luck.

Any help would be appreciated.