View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 01:07 AM
natemcnutty
VIP Member

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/22.387; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Camera and BT don't work on GSM Rhod's either, but I'm not sure what the status of MMS is. They have some of that working on the HD2 which is GSM only. What USB issues are you referring to?

I have an older built of 2.2 and I am running it on a VZW TP2 with an AT&T sim card and MMS works in sending and receiving them. Sound is loud and once in a while its buggy, but internet works.

Still upsets me that ATT can surf web and talk at the same time with 3G. Verizon cant. Oh and to vent some more...the verizon tp2 sim unlocked can browse the web and have a phone conversation at the same time. This TP2 rocks.
Good to know about MMS. Also, the complaint you have is about the wireless technology the carriers are currently using. Verizon and Sprint use CDMA which has slightly better coverage, costs a little less to implement, and does not allow data and voice at the same time. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM which is newer, more globally implemented, and offers some nice features like OTA pushing of PRL at any time and data transfer while on a voice connection.

All the major carriers except Sprint (moving to WiMax) are moving to LTE, which will provide data and voice at the same time along with QoS and lots of neat new features