View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 06:18 PM
KIOWA69
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 5| 21916|23150 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyd718 View Post
in your opinion, is it really worth the move from 1.8.5 to 2.0? i'm a newb and don't know whether it's worth dumping a flash i did yesterday evening to just to go to 2.0.

if it is worth it, is there a way not to lose the settings i've made (like contacts, and email).

thanks for all the help here i just got my phone saturday and have already put on a custom rom and i'm quickly learning the prowess of cookie. i have to say it's pretty awesome.
well it all depends on whether your happy with 1.8.5, if it works for you then i would say stay with it, if you want 1.8.5 on steroids then 2.0 is for you, it has a lot more options that you can change and you can add home tabs and all kinds of things, but along with that it uses more resources, but you can switch your start menu layout and gain more resources <ram>, you can use pim backup to save and restore your contacts and emails, text messages and stuff and it saves it to your sd card and then once you flash you just run pim backup and instead of backup you restore with it and then all that stuff is restored.