View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 06:06 PM
powinmo
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 5| 21916|23150 * Sense 20

(*disclaimer* I've tried searching the thread and site wide here and on XDA, plus skimmed the various wikis... please forgive me if someone posted this else where and I missed it)

So a couple of questions for XDA_UC folks using Energy ROMs...

1. does anyone try to run a pseudo version of \windows\stXX.mscr (NRGZ28's scripts for doing the start menu layout changes) and puts it in to their XDA_UC / S4X type setups for auto install?

You cannot just run this directly because it has interactive prompts. Also I realize a soft restart is needed for it to fully take effect, hence why NRGZ's script does the auto reboot at the end.

2. does anyone have a suggested way to auto run the \windows\energy_CARRIER.cab file from XDA_UC vs manually copying one over to your SD card? mainly so you always run the most recent version from the ROM with minimal extra effort? eg, a mscr script?

I have most things pretty much automated via XDA_UC+S4X for a while except these two main items for me. I'm kindly asking for thoughts before I commit more time to a solution in case I missed an already existing one...

I have an initial set of modified stXX.mscr scripts with the prompts+reboot stripped out that can be dropped in to your /storage card/xda_uc ... directory. I was thinking of modifying it overall so they could be more generic for both auto and interactive usage. Note I currently use a modified version of stcm.mscr (the compact menu mode).

I also written a simple energy_auto_carrier_provision.mscr script that tries to figure out your carrier from the REG and do a runwait wceload silent install from the current cab on the ROM vs just relying on whatever version is on my SD card. Tested only for my carrier so far (Sprint).

If there are any thoughts or comments, please let me know as I do understand there are many different ways to approach these items. I can also attach the scripts once if anyone is interested, and after I do some more cleanup/testing on my Dec5 flashing tests...
This post has been thanked 1 times.