View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
jmart518
Cookin' Project: Teya
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.0.0 Released 03-Dec-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonami View Post
it runs very smooth, very fast. nice layout, but would kill for a windows softkey, i hate using hardkeys at all. here is some bugs/snags ive found on my device, some might have already been mentioned, and im not delving to far into the device, its pretty late and im tired.

1. action softkey does not work, shows error (the file "htcactionscreen" cannot be opened. either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. if the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file)
2. done (x) softkey does not appear (pretty annoying, to not be able to close aps without hitting end hard key and shutting screen off then tunring it back on, then having to close running aps in task manager)
3. hotfix cab will not install
4. if i take the time off the taskbar, i only get about 2 and a half icons and a black space on the upper right corner where the other icons should be
5. some of the programs in the windows program list do not apear in the quick link program set list
6. some cabs to not work (tcpmp for instance)
7. instead of saying "no messages" it displays "ids_nomessages"
8. no facebook sense tab?
9. market place froze up upon exiting
10.froze up a few times, and would not allow connection to activesynce

overall, i really liked it, and would probly be able to live without having some of the apps i like that didnt work on this rom, but the no windows or done (x) soktkey's were a deal breaker for me. i will continue to watch for further builds, i think i might try this rom again in the future if those things were worked out. great job...
Thank you for trying out the ROM and posting feedback. I will try to cover most of the issues you are having:

1. Action is not included,did you install it via cab?
2. This can be changed, Start Menu\Project Teya. In there you can customize the ROM to your needs.
3. Not sure why the hot fix wouldn't install. Try it right after a soft reset
4. Good find, that will be fixed in the next release
5. Can you be more specific than "the cabs don't work"?
6. Are you talking about quick links? Again, please give a little more info
7. This is fixed by Hot Fix 1
8. No, it is a resource hog since it was designed to run on HD2
9. Haven't had this happen, can you duplicate it or was it a one time thing?
10. Can you duplicate it or was it a one time thing?

Again, if you want the softkeys enabled, open Project: Teya and click on softbar customization. Toggle the switch and soft reset. (Please note, toggle switch on equals soft key is off. This is fixed in the next release)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
OK screw it. $1.99 with free shippinh on ebay for new unused verizon sim card.... imma spring for it. Just to give this rom a try
That's excellent, I hope you enjoy the ROM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawaji View Post
I shouldn't have tried loading the ROM late at night --- I would have known to try turning off the "X" key setting! Has anyone figured out how to get the plus code dialing to work for phone calls and text messages? All my contacts are plus coded with the country code so the phone can be used globally. Thanks!
No dice yet, I am still trying to get to the bottom of it. No guarantees that it will be fixed by next release, but I can guarantee that I am working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardidarko9 View Post
very nice rom i only one prob for me i can't get my email to connect i got it set up but just won't conect to get new mail or to send mail
Please give a little more info. I have not seen this personally nor have the beta testers. The more information you can give, the better.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab

Last edited by jmart518; 12-05-2010 at 10:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.