View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 11:06 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Awareness Themes

As you may or may not be aware I am the father to 3 Autistic boys. Autism has touched our lives in just about every way imaginable. Everyday we are faced with challenges most people can't fathom. My story can be found at my blog "Lost and Tired". One of the biggest challenges we face is tolerance from the general public. The goal with my blog to is share our story so that people know what Autism is like and the challenges we face.

So I came up with the idea for "Awareness Themes". The first one I have for you is a very simple "Autism Awareness" Theme. This is an otherwise stock theme with some simple modifications to the surface of the theme. I wanted it to be simple yet tasteful. For me personally it is a reminder to always be aware. I am constantly looking at my notifications and this serves as great reminder for me. I thought I would share and and spread a little Autism Awareness to this community. My goal as I become better at theming is have more detailed themes but for right now simple is all I can do. I want to add themes for breast cancer awareness and domestic violence awareness as well.

The Autism Awareness Theme Includes:
1) Puzzle piece wallpaper
2) Autism Awareness Ribbon on the notification pull down
3) The notification panels are the "Blue" from the "Autism Speaks" Puzzle Piece
4) I have added transparency to everything themed.

These won't be for everyone but anyone that has a child, family member or other loved one with Autism will understand the importance of what Awareness can do.

Here are some screens:

Attached Files
File Type: zip midNIGHT v2.0.5 Awareness (Autism).zip (5.12 MB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 12-12-2010 at 04:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.