View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Whotahn
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] IncROM [Deodexed|Zipalinged|Power Control Widget]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
beta 2 about to post on main thread
@ bored Your ROMs just keep getting better!! gonna DL the newest beta and try it tonight!

Also I figured I would ask about an issue with ya here since I miss the ppcg.com (seems most all the Incredible Incredible stuff is on other sites. So I am in other places) and because you are one Dev that seems to address ALL users and their inquiries not just ones you feel like addressing.

One issue I am having though with the last few builds ( started 1 or 2 releases before Power control widget versions) I call the "Current Location Plague" My Location is showing 'Current Location' no matter what I do, if I am not directly in a city. I live outside of town and I usually have one of two old township that shows up as my location. However lately with most ROMs I get this Current Location Plague. Not just with yours.

I've *228, wiped several times(lol), reflashed, tried diff. kernels, and tried every gps/ vzw location/ Google location combo possible. I have also checked and uncheck the allow Mock Locations in the applications settings with each location service combo I tried. I have also tried removing the clock widget, then adding it back. Still it just says Current Location, not my actual location. I've tried all these fixes with reboots and without. All in all I prob took some life outta the ol Inc just trying to find the combo that makes it work. I did a restore back to the SR 3.3.3 I was running before I flashed and it works fine. Only location service used is Google and Mock locations is checked. BUT....

As I said your ROM is not the only ROM I am having this issue with. I have brought it up in a few other ROM threads and get the generic "Turn on all location services" answer from users. Or the "huh really, not having that problem here." Not one Dev has cared enough to address the issue. There is one thread in which multiple users have had the same issue, and I have brought it up 3 or 4 times and there hasn't been one reply from the Dev. As of right now I have flashed EVERY Inc ROM that is close to current............ I get the Plague on every one of them except IncDoes DesireZ, NilP DesireZ version, SkyRaider3.3.x, redemption rrom2.2.

I know IncDoes uses some kinda Location fix, he has mentioned it several times. his last full wipe release 1.1, had this CLP I mention but he quickly acknowledged it and put a fix in his 1.2 no wipe release from yesterday. I am no kind of Android dev/programmer or I would try to dig into this myself. I am just hoping you can provide some insight. Any response will be better than what I have got so far in the other couple threads I tried at another site.

Thanks!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.