View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 12:52 AM
boredandtattooed
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: MMS Bounty for CDMA Android Port **Currently: $30**

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Is this file in XDAndroid for the TP2? I'd check, but I don't have my TP2 here with me, and I may not actually have it installed anymore. File I'm looking for is /system/etc/apns-conf and if it does exist, can anyone post the contents, or the actual file to compare?
APNS-conf from which device, the one that comes with our install... Ill post it up though... Most of the other Android devices apns-conf are bianry, ie I dont know how to convert something like that lol... but the one WE all mostly have can easily be opened in wordpad or notepad..

Ive got a few, binary and not, ill zip it up and label everything..

Ok, so i just gave you the apns-conf from the install (labeled clean)... the other is what I have on mine... doesnt seem to make a difference though...

I can send using the method posted a few posts above.. we can see the Icon turn to "E" like its about to recieve something... but it switches back and no message....

theres also a mms-config.xml that probably has alot to do with all this as well... all bianry though as well- even ours... its located in RES>XML if you want to look at it..

**NOTE** every carrier inside the apns-conf file is GSM.. EVERY!!!! so me adding sprint, though it looks nice, does nothing..not even break it... we've had a poster and myself replace mms.apk and the apns-conf and it breaks messaging completly-text and all.. so...... fair warning there... Ive also tried with Custom User Agent settings in Handsents SMS app.. Ive not made alot of progress lately... I did finally jump to 2.2 finally though and ive yet to test really.. sending out still works fine though when i re-did my APN configuration...

Thats what I got for now..

EDIT - I did just activate an Optimus S for my gf today... I also found the z4 one click root works for it... not sure if Im gonna root yet or not.. if i do, ill be poking around in there as well...(though i guess just downloading the shipped ROM would suffice for now lol)
Attached Files
File Type: zip APN MMS.zip (4.4 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 12-04-2010 at 12:56 AM.