View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 01:57 PM
fishboy
Lurker

fishboy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 1| 21916|23149 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
hey guys, i have a question about xda_uc. im really liking this feature and i have it set up to install all my cabs, setup my emails, contacts install a few reg entries and a few other things. but for the life of me, i cant get it to copy files from the xda_uc folder to different directories on my phone. i have files i need to copy to windows, program files, etc but i cant figure out how to make it copy the files automatically.

i have searched but all the searching has only confused me lol.

this is what i tried, although it didnt work... i created folders the same way i wanted them to copy to the device and placed them in a folder named "copy2root".
example: xda_uc\copy2root\windows\ and placed files i wanted copied to the windows folder inside. i did this for other folders as well. that did not work... what am i doing wrong?
XDA_UC has the ability to execute Mortscripts, so you can create one containing copy commands.

Create a file with the extension ".mscr" and insert a "copy" command for each file you want to copy, or use the "xcopy" command for multiple files.

Copy syntax:

Copy(source file, target file [, overwrite?] )

Copy Example:

Copy("\Storage Card\Application Settings\CHT\CHT_softkey_advanced.png", "\Windows\CHT_softkey_advanced.png", TRUE)

XCopy Syntax:

XCopy(source files, target directory [, overwrite?[, subdirs? ] ] )

XCopy Example:

XCopy("\Storage Card\Application Settings\CHT\*.png", "\Windows", TRUE, TRUE)

You can find information about additional commands (i.e. MkDir(Directory)) and other things you can do by referring to the MortScript manual found here: www.sto-helit.de - Downloads - MortScript (PC, PPC, Smartphone, PNA): Program

When finished, copy the script file to the XDA_UC folder.
This post has been thanked 3 times.