View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 09:23 PM
jmart518
Cookin' Project: Teya
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sense 2.1/2.5 [Updated 24-Nov-10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabson View Post
Jsmart, just trying to get a little more information. If I cab this up onto my Imagio running 2.1, does this replace or overwrite sense 2.1? Or is it an alternate option that I choose? What is the memory footprint (how much used) and the average RAM / ROM usage during normal work?

I am asking because right now, I am running a stock 2.1, with 122MB free storage / 69MB free program space and its averaging a stable 60 - 62% usage.

With those numbers, its pretty quick. So I like the responsiveness, and although I would LOVE to come back to 2.5 and Cookies fantasmical home tab, I don't if I sacrifice my speed and responsiveness.

Thanks in advance for the information!
I strongly recommend installing on a "fresh" device (ie: after a hard reset). This will insure a clean and complete install without extra 2.1 bloat taking up valuable space. Sense 2.5 definitely takes more resources than 2.1. I believe it runs around 65 - 70%, but it has been a long time since I have used 2.5 in a cab form. Also, CHT is also going to increase your amount of used RAM.

I would suggest giving it a shot and if you don't like it after a while, just hard reset and throw 2.1 back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beto180 View Post
Hey jmart518 Before to install the new sense, First I do a hard reset, then NET 3.5 SDKCerts, and all stuff necesary
I Installed 2.5.2019 ... and nothing for me . the sense 2.5 never start ! ?
I Would like someone to help me with That, Because I like the sense2.5

Thanks jmart518 for u effort and dedication
You're very welcome! Did you get conformation that everything was installed successfully? Also, did you make sure to soft reset at the appropriate steps? This part is very important. You may have to hard reset and give it another shot.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab