View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 02:43 PM
gdahlberg
Lurker

gdahlberg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Nov 25| 21916|23699 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.· Sense 201

So here's a new one. Downloaded the new Nov25 Cookie 2.0 Sense Energy ROM today and installed -- and as I was re-adding things from the Windows Marketplace, I saw that Microsoft had finally updated the Facebook app after months and months. I installed it from Marketplace, then tried to add it to the Quick Links on the home page.

Problem number one, it seems that because the earlier version of the Facebook app is cooked into the ROM, there are now two separate versions of the same app existent on the phone -- but with a little trial and error, I could figure out which was which when adding to the Quick Links. (The question for this problem would be, how to update a cooked-in app so that this doesn't occur?)

Problem number two -- once I did figure out which was which, I attempted to add it to the QL, but discovered that I now have at least two slots on the main Home page that I cannot add ANYTHING to -- no programs, no bookmarks, no nothing. I have tried to open the CHTEditor, but it dies with an error every time I attempt to move into any of the settings. Anyone have something like this or know of a fix?