View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Timberwolf671
Wolf dog master, Chef

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Welcome back to TP2 land my friend! It's good to see you again.

There was really no reason for the build flip besides keeping it moving onward and upwards. Personally, I can barely tell a difference/if at all between most builds of the same whatever you call it, you know 6.5.X or 6.5. While I don't release a new ROM for every new build, eventually I feel I gotta keep up. I chose 21683 because it's the one I've heard the most good things about from the newer batches. I ran it for a while and it seemed as stable and speedy as 23563. Although, I've been thinking now that I know a lot more about builds, I'd like to grab a fresh 23563 and build another ROM with that. I think that it's still my fav. so far.

As far as switching from 2019 to 2018 Cores, I couldn't ever get Twitter and Sense SMS scrolling to work right with Core 2019. It's one of those things where there are known fixes and people have it running right, but it just wouldn't work for me. No doubt it's my own fault somehow, I just couldn't figure it out. Near as I can tell there is no visual difference between 2018 and 2019. 2019 may be faster. I do remember that about it. 2018 is still fast and perhaps slightly more so than 2016.

I know your TP2 peeps would love to see another ROM from you!
Thanks for quick answer. I had promised the guys that I would do one last rom before leaving the TP2 for good. The Android world sure is different then building rom for the TP2. Not that it's harder than the WM, but requires a much differnet way of dealing with mods. I just released a manila 2019 - 23134 build yesterday as my final. But I may have to change that to 2018 if you say there are problems with Twitter and sms. Me, I never did use Twitter or Facebook but I put them in my roms since that's what most folks wanted. Keep us posted on 21683, I always felt that 23563 was the best of builds along with manila 1314 by Sprint. But as you say onward and upwards.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion