View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 12:23 AM
KIOWA69
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 13| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
I actually liked the look of some of those Actionscreen so I tried it too. I killed "HTCActionscreen.exe" first via Task Manager and then installed BT73_Dutty_Action_Screen_V2.cab without any problem after that.

For anyone looking to do this, be advised that it does change the behavior of some of the buttons that you may be used to with NRG's ROM (for example, WiFi and BT go into the respective apps, not a toggle). However, it was easy to go into the registry and change the "Path" location back:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Biotouch\ActionScr een\APP_7]
"Path"="\Windows\WiFi_ON-OFF.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Biotouch\ActionScr een\APP_8]
"Path"="\Windows\togglebth.exe"
very good info, i went back and killed htcactionscreen and then installed the new action screen cab and it did in fact work, and i went into the registry and changed the values to what you said but they still brought up the screens where i could <if i wanted to> turn on bluetooth and wifi instead of toggling them, not a biggie as i don't use the action screen anyways but i did like the looks of the new action screen, you have been thanked for that outstanding bit of information on turning off htcactionscreen as i wasn't even thinking of that lol.