Thread: GPS & Sim Card
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 06:49 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by penone
So my GPS is no longer working. Have not used it in awhile and the only difference in my TP2 is that the sim card that came with the phone is no longer in the phone (lost it). I went overseas and put in a sim card from Spain (which worked great btw) and lost my original sim. This was a few months ago. Have tried all the standard solutions - made sure that the location setting was turned on, did the quickgps about a dozen times, soft reset, hard reset and nada. When I try to use sprint nav I get the weak signal error. Google Maps times out and bing does the same. Also downloaded the HTC GPS tool and that was not able to find a satellite.

So - question is - does the sim card need to be present for the GPS to work?

Thanks for any input!

-P.
Have you tried flashing the shipped rom and then after it starts up run quikgps and then try it?
If you are running a custom rom that might be the issue because something might have gotten fubard and flashing the shipped rom with radio might help.