View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 04:58 AM
noob_2010
N00b

noob_2010 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: [ROM] 11/11/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.3 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
You have a couple options that I am aware of that work quite well. There is an app called Titanium Backup that has many options for backing up items. But the option to backup apps with data is the way to get you apps reinstalled on a new ROM and it includes all of the data associated. Another option is an app called My Backup and it is a very nice option as well with the ability to back up apps and or just your data and settings like bookmarks and such.

And there is a way to update without losing your information, but it may or may not result in a few little bugs since it is not the suggested way of installing a new ROM. If you use the stand alone version on the ROM you would just put the zip on the root of your SD card. Boot into recovery and use the "wipe" option to wipe your cache and davlik cache, but don't wipe data/factory reset. Then return and use the "Flash zip form sdcard" option and choose the zip of this ROM that you just copied. In my case at least, this does not delete all of your apps. But you might want to perform a nandroid backup the first time just to be sure, if you are afraid of losing something extremely important.
Oh no that options seems risky for a noob. Those apps I bet they're not free .. I would just fully wipe and start from fresh on the new rom but thing is a new update comes out everyweek and I'd have to do this again. Guess I'll stick with 3.29 unless 3.30 gives my phone a better signal........