View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 07:32 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Gten and all the EPIC 4g owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
I use my phone for work and personal
I use it to send/receive emails.
To note, Epic does not have Kies support so you would have to use an alternative for outlook sync. It does support exchange though but I dont know if its direct push, I *think* it just IMAP Idle Push.(There are clients which support direct push though)

Quote:
Take pix/videos. use adobe reader to open attachments from work (which is a must)
IT does this very well..probably the best on any phone..when reading small text you may want to zoom in depending on how you feel about the pentile matrix.

Quote:
make many calls
You can hold it any way you want (pun intended)

Quote:
here and there play some games on it
Its got the best GPU out in the market(yes even better then the iphone one)...so yes definitely...

Quote:
send receive sms, mms
Yes, you may want to download Hancent SMS..its a popular sms client..default one is good too just Handcent is better.

Quote:
pretty much for everything a Sprint tp2 can be used for
It has a lot of functionality...only limitations atm are compared to the others:
Sprint locked FM (yeah no surprise)
Sprint locked 3.5mm video out (someone is working to get this going)
HDMI out is not supported yet (same here)
No Kies support

Quote:
i gotta have a reliable phone
I'll tell you this..I'm still running stock...only thing I got is root and clockwork recovery..otherwise Stock, it is probably the most stable stock you've ever seen on any phone.. Right now I just got the Froyo beta which also is fairly stable minus some little kinks (it is a beta though)

Only thing you may definitely want to do is regulate battery usage as some apps just activate 3g and drain away...if you got that under control battery life is not bad.

After using the Epic, it makes me not want to touch my TP2 much anymore

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.