View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 01:34 PM
boredandtattooed
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: HTC Touch Pro 2....Trying to use as modem

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2rock View Post
I'll be traveling next week for work and I want to browse the net while I am at airport.
I've download the ICS & WModem cab on my SD card and installed on it as well. My laptop is XP with SP3. I need to download Activesync? I did however connected Tp2 with my laptop and there was an option regarding use phone as modem. I also read somewhere that I need to play with Comm folder.
I don't mind using USB cable between PC and laptop. Can someone tell me clear steps to use ICS cab with XP?

ICS should be pretty cut and dry.....

if you installed the ICS and WMODEM cab, reset after install...

then you should just have to plug in the device.. after youll get a pop-up.. said pop-up will have choices(BT or USB tether) and PC connection (Sprint, Data[if on NRG], or phone as modem).. DO NOT use phone as modem... use Sprint or Data.. then just tap connect..

**Trouble shooting**

error67 - that means you have a data issue.. try reinstalling the stealth cab and soft reset.. if still getting error 67, try the cab found in the TP1 forum stickies(so you wanna tether you TP1/2) and give it ago again after uninstalling the cabs from b4..

"Data"(PC Connection type) wont connect OR "my phone doesnt say 'Sprint' or my carrier" - you need to provision your data first... -either grab a provisioning cab for your carrier(google "[carrier name] provision cab ppcgeeks").. if on Sprint(sorry forgot to look at your details) you can just goto settings>system>update profile.. after, soft rest, and you should be all good...

if you have other issues feel free to PM me, im always trying to help fellow tether-ers...

Lastly if all else fails and your lappy has wifi(most do), just simply use WifiRouter app (aka Tom Codon WifiRouter)... this app requires NO funky installs or tweaks to get running..

ive decided to attach any files i mentioned also..
-cab 1 is just incase your running a custom Rom that doesnt have update profile in settings>system.. this cab will add it for you.. soft reset.. update profile and all should be well..

-cab 2 is the "other tethering" cab i mentioned in the TP1 forums... ive been using this cab for 3+ yrs now without issue... its even a thread/stickie by me that its found in(not that it cant be found other places lol)

idk...any more question to my respondant or others, feel free to PM
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint Update Profile & PRL.cab (543.8 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Tethering.zip (1.4 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!