View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 06:20 PM
djqwikcut
Almost a VIP

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 11/11/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.3 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

1. Why does this new rom take up so much space? I am down to around 15% from the 20+% I had before this rom was installed. What can be removed to resolve this? While many chefs leave out certain stock application, I include them all as well as a few extra apps. Most applications in the rom are uninstallable. The memory should be close to stock with the exception of whatever I added in.

** Thanks... I wanted to figure why I had 22% free BEFORE installing this ROM and 10% after. I did remove a bunch of non-needed stuff that I had removed before and came back with the update and now I am at 18%. Would like to get more back.

2. Why does the phone SIT at the 4G logo when I reboot or turn the phone on (boot from totally off). Used to be nice and fast booting up. This is because the rom is deodexed. Odexed roms will boot faster during their initial bootup however they are both around the same after the first boot. Deodexed roms are beneficial in that they allow more user customization. If you went with an odexed rom you could say goodbye to half of the customizations chef's put into the roms.

** Is this different then your Roms from October? I was running one of them and it booted much faster. Just wondering...

4. How do I Keep STOCKS and FLICKR from running all the time? I dont use them. I put them in autostarts to NOT run but they still do. I also notice a few other programs start on their own, which didnt before (FM RADIO Being one). You can go to Menu>Settings>Accounts & Sync and press the green sync icon on Stocks and unckeck "Sync stock info." I would assume the same goes for Flikr but I do not use flikr so I cannot say for sure. I have never noticed FM Radio or any other app start by itself.

** I have them UNCHECKED to NOT SYNC but they still show in system panel as running.

Wiping your phone will erase EVERYTHING. All of your apps downloaded from market (your paid apps are always available for redownload after signing into google) and all of your settings and contacts will be lost. You can easily back up your phone contacts to your sd card or if you use google contact sync they will automatically update once you sign in.

** OK I understand but I would love to find out what took my memory from 22% to 10% after installing this rom. I did however remove some JUNK that the update out back and am now back to 18%.

Does doing this erase settings or programs or any of the sense layouts?? Do I do this in recovery before I install the update?
Wiping your phone will erase EVERYTHING. All of your apps downloaded from market (your paid apps are always available for redownload after signing into google) and all of your settings and contacts will be lost. You can easily back up your phone contacts to your sd card or if you use google contact sync they will automatically update once you sign in.

** I know this but I thought there was a way to erase just the CACHE and system partition and NOT erase any APPS or settings or anything???? I seems to remember someone said if you dont get the new MMS sizes (I didnt) then you need to erase cache??

OH and ADFREE works... I had to reboot the phone and then it picked up the updated hosts file. I didnt have to do that with the previous rom I was running.

Thanks for the answers....

Last edited by djqwikcut; 11-12-2010 at 06:28 PM.