View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 12:02 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscpsycho
I'm having the same problem. I'd like to try the cab but don't seem to be able to.

When I plug the phone into my computer it's no longer recognized as an external drive so that I can copy the cab over. But even if I could copy it over the file explorer doesn't seem to recognize the micro sd card. I copied the cab to the sd card but it does me no good since the phone can't read from the card.

And of course I can't download the file to my phone because I can't use the Internet.

And suggestions on how I might run this file???

I am really freaked out because since I can't download or transfer files to my phone I'm worried Sprite backup isn't going to be an option for backing up my data. All I care about are my contacts & SMS. Is there any way to manually back these up? Are there specific files on the phone which I can copy?

In addition, removing the battery makes things worse for me. When I remove the battery and restart I get a screen of death kind of message telling me that the phone was improperly shut down and I have to do a soft reset. But of course I opt out of the hard reset.
Go into Activesync and put your device in disk drive mode and then plug into your pc and try retrieving files or do your backup.
The pim file in the root dir contains your contacts.

Then after doing your backup do a clear storage/hard reset.