View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:41 PM
brownhornet
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The keys to Windows Phone's Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Is there a really too long in the game of mobile OS? I don't think so. There is always going to be an OS that is different and hopes to innovate where others have stagnated. As long as there are issues with a mobile OS, no smartphone OS is late to the party. But it also involves a lot of different aspects

In fact, I hear it said often, its too late for Microsoft. Too late for what? What does too late mean?
Too late is not making any serious changes to your OS from 6.1 to 6.5... letting your base dwindle, only putting out ONE phone in the meantime. They sat back and watched Android and IOS eat their marketshare more and more everyday before they decided to actually do something about it. Too long is letting people sign contracts and get accustomed to other OS and become bitter with winmo and be not likely to change back to winmo when its all said and done.

THATS what too long is. I mean lets be honest, aside from forums like these this phone is garnering very little buzz. I dont think I know ANYONE that bought one or plans to. And I only know one person still using winmo that has a tp2. On the other hand, I know a shit load of people with evos, epics, iphones and blackberries. In a market like this momentum is key. And while MS watched, Android took the momentum. In a years time... Android will probably be the biggest US seller.. second internationally to Nokia. Android is keeping popularity because they make changes.. and OFTEN...while giving variety.

MS basically threw glaze over the same OS and changed the numbers.. and thank HTC for sense otherwise even 6.5 would look exactly like 6.1. All im saying is they shouldnt have been sitting on their hands while everyone else (except RIM) was innovating. And then, even after all that time passed and the hundreds of millions for development and advertising, they still make you wait for basic functions like copy and paste...and I dont think its even solid on whether real multi tasking will ever come. They took all that time and changed the UI.. which doesnt look bad.. and went in reverse in functionality. I mean seriously, no swapping SD cards without voiding the warranty?

When it comes to mobile OS microsoft just doesnt seem to get it and that was the main reason I left.

Last edited by brownhornet; 11-11-2010 at 11:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.