View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:02 PM
puff601
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *UPDATE*Nov10 HSPL unlock (CDMA) HAVE YOU RECENTLY UNLOCKED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant516 View Post
Is there any chance that newer phones (refurbs) or whatnot are impervious to being Unlocked in the old methods?

I just got a replacement TP2 (Sprint) and the HSPL unlocker is not working in any method, often getting that USB connection issue 264 I think it is.

I've tried 2 computers, 3 USB cables, over 5 USB ports.

I'm stumped.
naah, i unlocked a sprint and a tmobile refurb for free might i add... i was having the same USB connection error 264 when trying to unlock the sprint refurb. i tried 2 different computers on 2 diff OS's and nothing i tried worked except a hard reset. this is what i did...

1) flash stock 6.5 rom
2) after the rom is loaded, hard reset.
3) after hard reset, do not press "vol up" to boot. instead turn your tp2 off
4) next, press and hold volume down and power keys until bootloader comes up.
5) if you look at the screen on your tp2, you should see "serial" at the bottom in the white area. this should change to "usb" when its recognize by the pc. this means your tp2 is connected and ready to unlock.
6) run the hspl, it should work fine without randomly losing the usb connection to your pc.

i hope that helps, sounds like the same issue i was having a few days ago. i tried everything, nothing worked but a hard reset, then running hspl on a fresh stock rom. let me know if you need more help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.