View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 04:27 PM
marctronixx
Regular 'Geeker

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone lagging when 4G is on

i leave ALL my radios on ALL day long and all night.

whenever i see this issue its when im in 3g and it hands off to 4g.

4G uses IPs and assigns an IP to your handset. 3G is packet based. i think the issue is there because as others mention, toggling can help, rebooting helps, PRL update (i have tried personally) helps...these functions releases the 3G radio totally and the unit is assigned an IP and now its all on the 4G network.

before doing the above tricks, it also makes sense the CPU is in the high digits since it has to monitor and decode BOTH 3G data (packets) AND 4G data (totally IP based data). it also has to source the closest 4G link (be it a cell tower, or picocell, the latter is used to fill in the gaps within the city blocks, etc).

now as i said i leave 4G (wifi, the whole lot) on all day, 24 hours and its really hit or miss when i see this lag... meaning sometimes when its handed off onto 4G the phone will not lag at all and keep on truckin' and other times it does lag.. i see LESS lag in my environments and MORE stable usage overall however.

maybe this also has something to do with the signal strength on 4G when the phone gets into 4G coverage...

lots of variables and its great there is a dialog going on. looping HTC in is a good idea. someone get a ticket started with them online...

OR if someone wants to summarize what most of us are experiencing, ILL submit the ticket and get the dialog going...