View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Vancer
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.8x | FroYo 3.30.651.2 | *Updated 11/1/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I thought u may had added it post flash....I'll see what I can find, but do u have any links the the droid build or any other info that would help find it?
Ok,
The browser setting to change the user agent has just always been in the Cyanogen roms and also in the UltimateDroid roms he has put on his phone. After some research I don't have a for sure answer but it looks like it may be part of a mod from Wysie at xda ... [MOD][250510][CM 5.0.7-T3] Framework + Browser Mods by Wysie, pershoot and bcrook88! - xda-developers

also found some stuff on Wysie's github,
https://github.com/Wysie/android_pac...rSettings.java

If look down in that whoe string of code you will see this ...

-----

private static final String DESKTOP_USERAGENT = "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; " +
"U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, " +
"like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17";

private static final String IPHONE_USERAGENT = "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; " +
"CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 " +
"(KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16";

private static final String IE6_USERAGENT = "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.1; Windows XP)";

-----

... our browser has the setting for IPHONE, IPAD, ANDROID, and DESKTOP (you have to type About:debug in the browser and then goto the settings and it will show up) but not setting for IE6_USERAGENT which is the one I need to be able to change to in order to accomplish the particular funtion I need on my company website.

Like I said... maybe this is just part of what is built into Wysie's "Spare Parts" MOD ... I don't know? I also don't know if that code on Wysie's github will help at all but maybe it's a place to start... but I'm guessing that the spare parts mod would add a bunch of cool stuff to your build

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
anybody interested in the animated flip clock from the desire?
Sounds good!