Palmetto Fellow
Lurker

Palmetto Fellow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone lagging when 4G is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideman7 View Post
For what it's worth, I have found a solution to the issue for me (knock on wood): Don't touch the 4G widget. I don't know why this would cause an issue, but since I have had the phone, if I used the widget to toggle 4G, within 24 hours, the phone would start to lag badly. Someone mentioned turning it on and off from the settings page instead, and that has certainly helped. I now set up my own toggle widget with tasker right next to the existing one (I still use the stock one as an indicator), and the phone has been behaving wonderfully as long as I either use this or allow tasker to switch it automatically.
I just turned my 4G on using the settings and my CPU went to 100% like it usually does. 8:28am November 10, 2010.

The good news is, not that I've rebooted the phone, I can enjoy 4G for the rest of the day without it acting up.

This may sound like a stupid question, but does Android OS deteriorate throughout the day like an older Windows machine would? by this, I mean why can I run 4G for a whole day (usually right after a reboot) and then have it fail on me VERY regularly the next day. It's almost as if something gets corrupted throughout the day of having the OS running.