View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Mr. X
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: [RUU] Alltel 2.1 Shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillThyCat View Post
Someone needs to tear this apart and remove the carrier specific stuff, then we can have a generic RUU for unrooting our phones if we so want.

BTC
TEaring out all the carrier specific parts and then unrooting doesnt make sense to me. the basic use for this is 2 things. 1) to unroot for a factory state for sale or warranty. or 2) to un pack as a basis for a custom rom.

Removing all the carrier specific parts would yield a bare unrooted rom you can do nothing much with. it also may cause the FOTA updates to fail depending on whats removed.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!