View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 06:50 AM
lefty11
Regular 'Geeker

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bad MicroUSB Port-Sprint

To follow up, I went ahead and ordered two 3500 mah batteries with cradle charger port and slot for charging the extra battery. This will definitely keep the wear and tear down on the port itself, even though I will need to change out battery manually , but that's easy on the EVO. I use bluetooth file transfer or wifi for transferring lots of files other thn movies.(haven't really tried those) . While there have been microusb ports for a while,,,none are as fragile as the new ones on the EVO. If you are not careful and wiggle the cable when plugging or unplugging, you will eventually break the connections(solder?) . I figured this might actually be a phone I keep for a bit longer than normal , so it doesnthrt to get a few long life batteries and cradle to make sure it lasts. Cheaper than the 100 bucks the pathetic techs wanna charge for a swap out. I think all they can do is restore contacts and tell people that there could have been water damage... BTW , the mats look really cool but for 100 bucks and having to place another adapter on the phone,,,it just hasn't gotten to the economical viability point yet.