1sae
PPCGeeks Regular

1sae is keeping up the good work1sae is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey1138 View Post
A lot of this is common knowledge now so forgive me if you have heard all this... I removed the below stuff in the MSXIPKernel and OEMXipKernel with OS Builder. Im sure you can just delete the folders and files if you are using visual kitchen. You would want to comment out or remove the related references in boot.rgu as well. If you search around for xip tweaks on MobileUnderground and XDA you will find lots of little tweaks. This kind of stuff used to be closely guarded by chefs but with the winmo scene dwindling it looks like most chefs are reveling their secrets (You can download MightyRom's kitchen now). Alot of it was on XDA anyway you just had to search around... In alot of ways we have reached the end of what we can tweak with winmo as far as memory goes...

fsreplxfilt.dll
htcfsfilter.dll
oem_flashdrv.dll
oem_flashdrv_1.dll
mencfilt.dll

some say to remove cachefilit.dll also but I dont know exactly what that would effect.

I use CHT 1.8.5.1 still and it does seem to use more gwes.exe...
Thanks for the advice. I'm actually using osKitchen Zero. It does have a check box to "Remove unneeded debug and memory card encryption libraries from the XIP during the ROM generation" which I have been using. Not sure which files it's removing though.

I guess I was more interested in everyone's take on which stock packages aren't necessary. I found the post mobileunderground about what does what. But my stock rom had quite a bit more packages (some necessary) that weren't anywhere on the list. What are some of the common, unneeded memory hogs that I could strip?