View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Palmetto Fellow
Lurker

Palmetto Fellow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone lagging when 4G is on

I had to join this forum so I could include myself in the list of people who are experiencing this 4G lag. I made a thread about it on the Android Forums if anyone wants to read all the nitty gritty details:

100% CPU usage, but it doesn't add up - Android Forums

A couple of people over there have tried to offer some assistance, but i decided to expand my search for others who are having this same problem.

Has everyone here installed a CPU monitor and monitored their CPU usage during the lag? Mine jumps to 100%, and never comes down no matter what I stop/start. A reboot is the only thing that fixes it. If you follow my thread linked above, you'll see that although my CPU usage is at 100%, it's not a true 100% usage. It has been brought to my attention that I/O waits is what's causing the lag.

This is intersting because all the CPU monitors I've used so far, cannot itemize the 100% usage. Android System Info shows 100% usage on the main screen, but when I sort all the tasks by CPU usage, the total adds up to 30% most of the time. This is why only a reset seems to work...as in there is no service that's specifically linked to the usage. Force stopping that service or task doesn't help because there is no identified problem.

I really want someone at HTC/Sprint to address this, and I am going to find more people with this problem. If only I had a popular Blog...

Anyone know any die-hard apple bloggers who get lots of traffic? If we can get them talking about how 4G causes the EVO to lag, perhaps that will cause a stir in the wireless community and speed a solution along.

EDITED to add:

I am running completely stock HTC EVO4G with Froyo and everything has been updated via Settings/Updates.

Last edited by Palmetto Fellow; 11-04-2010 at 11:34 AM.