View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 02:44 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetterkeT
I'm going to re-drudge the previous drudge on the old thread.

I currently reside in the United States and have a Sprint TP2 with dual boot Mighty ROM WM6.5/Android 2.2. I plan on traveling to Europe next year so I called Sprint and they did something on their end to allow my SIM to be used internationally. However, I am thinking it might be more cost effective to temporarily use my TP2 with a carrier over there to make local calls.

My question is once I buy/run the SIM unlocker previously discussed can I immediately begin using a SIM from another carrier (please keep in mind that I already have a custom ROM)? I am trying to avoid having to flash the radio to the new carrier and then reflash back once I return home.

Please advise.
I suggest you purchase a pre-paid sim card from the available carrier where you are traveling to and use it instead of the Sprint sim that is in there now. Your TP2 is already Sim Unlocked for non-US networks so you don't need to use the Sim Unlocker. The Sim Unlocker in the upgrades forum is for unlocking your device for US GSM networks. I suggest the pre-paid sim because if you use Sprint's sim card I believe you will pay a lot more in the long run. Good Luck to you!