View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 02:06 AM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stab244 View Post
This has been bugging me for a while but now it has become sort of an annoyance. Whenever I'm in a Media app (YouTube, HTC Album, CorePlayer, TCPMP, etc.) and try to change the volume, the volume panel thing comes up and if I have a video going on in the background the part of the video outside of the panel freezes while the video continues playing in that little tiny box thing. I remember that on the stock ROM that if I change the volume in Media apps like the ones listed above, a HTC style volume indicator would pop up on the side and the video would continue playing like normal. Anyone have a fix?
It sounds like the volume overlay is not functioning properly. I made a cab of the volume control from my kitchen and have attached it if you want to give it a shot. It contains most of the common programs for using the overlay. It works fine for me and I don't think there are many dependencies for volume control, but YMMV. It should uninstall fine as well. It came from the one of the newer Leo 3.14 ROMs I dumped. If you want the separate Ring/System volume (instead of just 1 bar for volume), change the following registry key to 0:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\VolumeOverlay]
"SimpleMode"=dword:00000001
The overlay should look similar to the picture below (only top half or bottom half being displayed):

Quote:
Originally Posted by howhi05 View Post
I'm pretty sure that it's the end result of the port since the rom wasn't made specifically for our device. There will be some hit in performance along with minor glitches that you see present.
There's nothing really being 'ported' to the rhodium. It's a wvga device and using packages from other wvga devices. Volume control is the same across all of the ROMs I've dumped other then the size of some text which can be adjust via registry. Problems usually arise from wrong settings or leaving something out.
This post has been thanked 9 times.