View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 01:57 AM
fldrice
Lurker

fldrice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |Victor|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy ¯ |Oct 25| 21916|21683 | Sense 2016 / 2.1 / Tita

NRG,
After a couple days of using the Titanium and the Sense 2.1 version of your ROM I noticed little to no difference in battery life between the two. Generally speaking, I get about 3 hrs of talk/16-18 hrs of standby on both of these ROMs on a NEW battery. This is marginally better than the Sense 2.5 ROM - I get about 2 hrs talk and 11hrs standby after installing LUMOS, disabling Document Indexing, disabling Smart Card, disabling TV Out, and installing the Maxx134 Battery Saving Cab. At any rate, the stock sprint ROM gets about 2-3x the battery life of both the Titanium and sense 2.1 ROMS (standby). Additionally, I found some bugs in both ROMS:
Titanium
1) Cannot modify the Favorites section of the home screen
Sense 2.1
1) GPS driver is not functioning properly - it does not always sync up (works fine in the sense 2.5 version)

I would also like to note that the youtube app is functional in the Sense 2.1 ROM so it looks like this version of the app is not playing nicely with sense 2.5. Overall, I love the functionality and aesthetic of your ROMS, but their main weakness is battery life.

Additionally,
It would be nice if their was a way to Add/Modify email signatures and Modify email account settings (# of syncs) without having to go through the entire setup process. -NEVER MIND I Found the "Messaging" Icon.

Last edited by fldrice; 11-05-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: updated with new results