View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 12:04 AM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

OP if you are paying for TEP from Sprint then the Sprint Store should replace it water damage or not and for free. If you go through Assurion then you will have to pay the deductable.
Negative, never heard of a Sprint store replacing a phone for free due to water damage when you have TEP. That's what Assurion is for.

Even the NEW changes they made this week state "A new $50/$100 fee for claims via Asurion will apply for Damaged beyond repair devices such as ones with a damaged circuit board, liquid damage/corrosion, or a smashed device in 3 or more pieces. Customers with a lost or stolen device will also get the same $50/$100 claim fees via Asurion instead of having to purchase a new device or having to upgrade early."
Hmm...OK, they just changed that according to that report on xda because I know I have heard people have dropped thier phones in the toilet before or backed over them with thier cars and taken phones into a Sprint Store and if they were paying for Total Equipment Protection then the Sprint Employee orders a replacement at no charge. If you did an exchange directly with Assurion then you had to pay the deductable. That's how it used to be.
I guess my response is wtf am I paying $7 a month for? IMO that's not Total equipment protection. I guess this is what happens with the current economy today and with the way some people have abused the replacement benefit.