View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 03:40 AM
krazydude
Regular 'Geeker

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
So, I'm curious, does the spb install completely remove & replace whatever startmenu you are using in the ROM? I'm guessing not, because if I switch back to my today screen (Cookie2, Easy or iphone) it still has a settings & it's the same as when I left it. So the question, if you simply installed it over the top of the orig cookie & startmenu, it would have less RAM correct? (I installed it over a startmenu I had already changed to panel.. thus already had the RAM savings).. So, using the NRG ROM is essential unless you want to do it manually as linked below...?! (thoughts?)

[/URL]
yo teradog,
you are right on that one.
If you install it over the regular cooked in Start Menu (which loads on default) you have considerably less ram than if you use a start menu replacement.
ideal scenario is to load a start menu replacement and then disable sense as well (if you are using a sense compatible Rom).
SPB works even better on a Titanuim, cause there is no sense and hence even more program memory...... but the only problemo with Titanium roms is that NRG does not update as frequently so if you want the latest roms..well its a wait
and that does not go down too well with us flash junkies does it???LOL
This post has been thanked 1 times.