View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 09:13 PM
natemcnutty
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Compile Your Own Kernels, Modules, Tinboot (NAND boot), and More for Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Ok did that but It still didn't work.
The prebuilt directory was up to date and the file is there too...

Is this working for everyone else?

Maybe it's in this step:
Code:
 make ARCH=arm htc_msm_nand_defconfig
Here is my output:
Code:
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
scripts/basic/fixdep.c: In function ‘traps’:
scripts/basic/fixdep.c:377: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
scripts/basic/fixdep.c:379: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/docproc
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ‘conf_askvalue’:
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:104: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ‘conf_choice’:
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:306: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/kxgettext.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf
#
# configuration written to .config
#

That looks perfect. I just reverted to my original snapshot, so let me take another look at it from before I've even done the defconfig.

OK, I just ran each command exactly in order (I made the guide as I built it too), and everything worked by copy/pasting from the first post. There are two things that I can think of. First, there was an extra space between ARCH=arm and CROSS_COMPILE in the first post (which I just fixed), but I didn't remove it when I just now compiled and everything worked just fine. The second thought is, you didn't run Terminal as root or do sudo on the git clone did you? You could try typing !! and hit enter after it fails and see if it works elevated. If that's not it, I would go into android, type sudo rm -rf prebuilt, then close Terminal, open a new Terminal making sure you are not root, and clone prebuilt again

Last edited by natemcnutty; 10-27-2010 at 09:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.