View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 01:25 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
So after getting sbp up and running all is well even with MSip addtions. Might just stick with it!!! There is even a Shell/Sense switcher program that lets you go back ond forth between the two. With SPB installed sense still shows a 80-85 free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
disable sense completely...you get upto 110 ram free if you ever need sense again you can just enable it from today saeetings... cheers
A couple of you asked my 2 cents on SPB...
krazydude Originally Posted by ooxteme @ Teradog, any thoughts on useing spb?
yeah would be nice to have your opinion on spb as well teradog!!!!!

SPB has been around forever... I tried it a year or 2 ago.. but back then this really cool today screen called "Touch Flow" came around & grabbed everyone via eye candy & this really neat slider (which I now hate, but not as bad as titanium vertical scrolling).

Then along came this cool animation & clouds would actually move across your screen! The next year was spent drooling over the next step, & name change to "Sense".... at the total expense of RAM & usability...

NOW another crave called Cookie... which has very many similar functions of SPB, but sucks up another 20MB of RAM at least. Don't get me wrong... it's awesome & even free!!! Thanks to all the thousands of hours to all the developers & testers along the way!

Thought I'd never try SPB again, especially with Easy & Cookie Today (Home/Sense replacements) which both gave me 110 MB of RAM to play with & almost no glitches, problems loading, etc.. etc.. etc..
See screen shots of my setup on Cookie 2, Easy & Iphone Today menus... <--click: ALL Look REAL similar!!!

But krazy dude, made it too easy & even provided a link, so what the heck.. all I can say is unreal! There's a reason they charge $30 U.S.! I just can't believe the smooth scrolling, buttery smooth screen changes, natural & intuitive operation, configuration (easy adds, changes, forward, back, etc..). WOWsers.. and then I found the left button, which I'm sure is what HTC (or whomever) tried to duplicate years ago with the "cube"... I just can't believe they've got this poly-whateveritscalled rotating so smoothly. Check the howto link in sig @ bottom, last step (Cabs) to see a couple of graphics cabs/dll's to DL for much improved graphics. (At0mAng Enhanced D3D Driver.cab, NeoS2007_Driverpack_3.cab)

Simply put, an awesome piece of software... I probably won't go back either. One other amazing thing.. was using iphone today screen (& not "Easy" over the last week). Put a shortcut icon on the main screen & wala, I'm totally back to my iphone today screen (which was configured exactly like my Cookie 2 screens, with 25 MB more RAM). Flip back & forth between the two depending on the mood. Amazing, only guessing here, but it's where Cookie could be in a year or so and it still needs to recover another 20 MB more RAM. Cookie on an HD is probably the PB in the middle of the Reece's Peanut Butter Cup.. but It just seems way to RAM hungry for a TP2...especially with Windows or NRG's signature startmenu. The SPB to my old today screen flip is instant & seemless as SPB puts the back to SPB button in the lower right softbutton.

*** If you're thinking about upgrading from your TP2 & you've got a legacy less expensive plan (sero, cheaper free & clear, etc..) then you HAVE TO think again. Try the trial SPB, almost there's NO SETUP required. The change is instant & your RAM should improve by up to 50 MB!!! Then buy it for $30 & the savings for me over one year, 2 phones is almost $1000 not changing plans. Hmmmm... that's $970 saved...

Currenty running both today screens & have 110 MB of RAM to start.
Many a day I remember this summer being in the 50 MB range after a few minutes on a new ROM! Double that now! Look in this link: *HOW TO! Step VII.
25 MB change start menus (some claim up to 40)
25 MB change Sense (Cookie)

OK, so you wanted my opinion.. ha! (bet you're sorry you asked :>))
So, now the head hurts & have to rethink everything... Don't need Cookie, but sure is nice to go into settings, hit a check box & have it all back.. Question is... Perhaps DL'ing NGR reference ROM would give much more program space & let me load the nice dialer & other stuff??... hmmm, maybe give that a shot when a NK patched ROM comes along...
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
totally agree.
i am using thsi dialler and i must say its rock solid. as good as the one NRG cooks in.Have been using it for a day and no problemos so far!!!!
teradog or one of the VIPS here can make a request to NRG please
LOL! VIP... ahhh yea, first it means nothing, except to someone that needs the ego trip... been to the "VIP Lounge" once... joke (at best). And, NRG has a rep so far in the stratosphere we're still just another grain of sand on a beach... I'm sure having told my opinion (& the truth) I'll be slammed by many... but once again... don't ride anyone's bandwagon & not a fan boy..
Love ppcgeeks because the information exchange & some great ROM builders like NRG..(also the ppc news): speak the truth, give honest opinions, help others, have fun. So, if you never hear from me again, I've been banned because of this comment!! LOL!!!

M y H u m b l e O p i n i o n

Last edited by teradog; 10-27-2010 at 02:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.