View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 05:48 AM
Monfro
PPCGeeks Regular

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Contact pictures in dialer 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
Hi,
i have noticed that contact pictures in dialer are not shown.
With the phone canvas i was using on my GSM Rapahel, it was shown (Leo 2G ported by pyrorob).
I know that the dialer cooked in is not one of the latest from HTC (CDMA doesn't support Conference Call; anyway i think that a lot of people like me are using this phone out of USA, with GSM/HDSPA).

I installed a new dialer (Phone_Canvas_Enhancement_2G_4_2_62520161.cab from pyrorob): contact pictures now appear in dialer, but there is also the "famous" overlap of the pad icon in the middle of the softbar (i am using wm6.5.X, this dialer is perfect for wm6.5 eg 21916).

I will search for other dialers compatible with wm6.5.X, to have (at least) contact pictures shown in dialer.
I have found a dialer compatible with WM6.5.X:
HTC Phone Canvas 4.2 For wm 6.5.5 and 6.5 - Fixed - 6.5.3 Beta Out!!! - Windows Phone @ MoDaCo
It shows contacts pictures in dialer with different colors for calls made/received/missed.
The keypad icon is perfect (anyway NRGZ one is more beautiful).
The only bad thing is that the Talk button is green (the bar that navigate into contacts is dark grey; NRGZ blue one is better...but it is ok also dark grey).
If someone can help me to figure out what file needs to be edited, i have collected a lot of dialer...anyway the best thing will be to ask NRGZ to cook the dlls that make contact pictures shown.
It looks like the pics i am attaching.
If we want to keep the keyboard shadows and the incoming call screen that are cooked in we can save "Assets_dialer_Normal" and "IncomingCall" pngs (they are in the windows folder) and copy back to windows folder with total commander after the dialer is installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dialer.jpg (7.2 KB, 76 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Dialer2.jpg (9.9 KB, 72 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Monfro; 10-26-2010 at 05:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.