View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 02:34 AM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneg33k
Hi Everyone,

I have a HTC TP2 flashed with MR X ROM. I have a private CDMA2000/1xEVDO Rev A 1900MHZ DATA system up and running in my backyard and I am trying to get this phone to connect to it. (The phone is currently not activated with any service provider) I have created my own PRL and put it on the phone. Does anyone know if I can connect to a DATA network without 1X voice service or do I have to have the 1X voice service to get DATA to work?

Thank You
Phoneg33k
You probably need to ask a carrier rep about this but I'm guessing no. You probably need to get a plan setup with a provider which would be voice calling and add data to that plan like the rest of us. I would think anything else would be illegal.