View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 10:20 AM
djqwikcut
Almost a VIP

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 10/20/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | Offical 3.29.651.5| Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
I was also having the disconnect problem with WiFi Tether, so that is why this option being made available is so nice for me, even though it is only 3G. But personally I absolutely LOVE the factory USB Tether feature. I most always only have to connect one pc, I don't have to broadcast anything, and the phone is being charged the whole time I am using it, instead of being drained. I never had any problem with WiFi Tether on this ROM using versions of a couple months ago or so. So I am not sure if it is Froyo or ROM related, since I don't run anyone's ROM but Chris's.

Update: I just tried WiFi Tether again and it ran exactly 4min before disconnection, and the phone was cold to the feel, not hot, so I know that isn't a part of the problem.
Was this with the LATEST WIFI TETHER PROGRAM? I downloaded the newest version last night but havent tested it yet.

EDIT: I downloaded the latest update to the wifi tether last night. Tpdfay I have been testing it since 10AM . its now 11:10 and it HASNT disconnected yet! I did find a web site that said to change the channel to 1 and it would fix the dropping issue.. I did that as well.

Last edited by djqwikcut; 10-22-2010 at 12:10 PM.