View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Scrufdog
PPCGeeks Regular

Scrufdog is keeping up the good workScrufdog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 20| 21916|21682 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
To turn off activesync turn it off from the task manager; then go to settings and turn off the automatic clock synchronization with the network and that should stop it from regularly coming back on again.
The only clock sync I could find was already unchecked. Which one do you mean? Activesync still starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean373 View Post
The icons are located in the shellres.192.dll file. I had to use a tool, CustTaskbarTools.7z(contain four programs), to replace a the activesync icon to the one I made. I made the activesync icon smaller and placed it onto the upper left where it doesn't overlap the signal bars. If you are using the Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.Oct.20.7z then you can just put the file I have into your /windows folder and then it should fix it for now. Somehow whenever you are using data the activesync icon shows up. You can kill the activesync process and it will still be there so I think ENEGRY programmed the wrong icon for data. Unless it's related to the clock sync. If you kill your internet/data process then the activesync icon goes away.

The file is zip so you will have to unzip it and put it somewhere on your phone then use Total Commander to move shellres.192.dll into the /Windows directory and overwrite the old one. If you are using a different Energy rom then you can copy that shellres.192.dll file from your /windows directory and send it to me and I can send the file back with a different icon of your choice.
that worked well, now I can see everything, and its not such a glaring green dot on my screen.

I'm not so concerned about the signal being blocked, just dont need activesync running, as far as I know.