View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 04:24 PM
mizzourob
PPCGeeks Regular

mizzourob is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[10-12-10]★SharkieROM v2.1★Generic\Sprint[23563\21916][Sense2019]

Just switched to try your Sharkie 6.5 (v2.0) rom on my Sprint Touch Pro2, I'm loving the experience so far, and I thought I'd share my observations (bear in mind that my preferences tend toward stock layouts)....

1) Rom seems very fast!

2) The extra ring tone sound bytes are AWESOME! (though the ringtones folder has a bunch of redundant ringtones are are already in the rom that can be deleted)

3) Unfortunatley when I go to settings-personal-buttons there is not a way to set a long press of the end key to lock the phone (it appears the only way to do so is via the start menu)

4) I love the facebook icon on the sense slider for each contact, but I think I prefer the stock phone icon for call history (instead of the TP2 image)

5) the notification icons on the slider bar have a transparent background which makes it difficult to see the number of new texts / emails (the stock green background usually looks nice)

6) The I appreciate that many of the 'extras' were set as cabs so I could uninstall many of them, and that you offered a stock clock replacement cab. The only graphical quirk is that I'd prefer the stock icons on the top menu. Any chance of a cab to replace those with the stock?

7) The SIP / soft keyboard works well, but I'd prefer a stock option (cab?) to have the stock look.

just a small detail and really no big deal, the carrier name is missing from the top left of the clock (I think this has been mentioned earlier)

9) not sure if it is possible with this version of Sense, but an option to remove the RSS widget would also be wonderful

10) the vertical arrow for the task manager is missing (though tapping where it should be does work)

11) the Sharkie405 spash screen is cool, but my taste would be for a stock windows phone splash instead.

12) The home soft key for contacts goes to the windows shell contact manager not to the sense contacts (maybe there is a registry key somewhere that would change that)

13) great work with all the custom icons for the many programs and the sense tab links!

Now that I write all this, maybe I should learn how to cook my own rom
This post has been thanked 1 times.