View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Alpine-
Regular 'Geeker

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 13| 21916|21681 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
FYI... TP2's are amazing.. Have you watched the WinPhone7 vid? well.... guess what? Most of the "new" phones are real similar to ours.. same screen size, etc.. They've got the 1Ghz Snap Dragon, but that is much slower than the Humming Bird (test results on just about every aspect, especially graphics..). Point being.. if they're running stock ROM's (typically not optimized) and especially not OC'd...

Then you take a TP2 with good mojo (silicone/chip) that can be OC'd to 800 mhz, there's not much difference between the 2 is there?!!

Having seen all this... I'm looking at a Win7 port for the TP2... geezzz, I was hoping/wishing/looking at getting into a 4.3 inch screen with the new 1.5 ghz dual core chip... but heck, if they're just going to put out a device just like mine that doesn't even have a SD card...!!??

Well then.... guess I'll just add WinPhone7 to the list of OS/software I've already been/had or one can get running on this amazing device.
Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1,
Windows Phone 6.5, 6.5.x
Andriod 2.0, 2.1, 2.2
Ubantu
Windows 95, 98 & XP
Windows Phone 7 ??!

Gotta LOVE THIS, choices, choices, choices... And now that the amazing NRG has incorporated so many other developers great software (quickmenu, various startmenu replacement (incl. the one from kenya dude), sencity, touch of glass, etc.. etc..) We can all pick what we choose & go with what we want/feel/like... and that may change tomorrow!!! No right or wrong way, just tons of options!!

THANKS NRGZ28 for all your great work helping to fully utilize the potentials of this device...
Ditto on holding out... I have a TP2 on SERO ($30/month + $7 insurance with Sprint). I can get an android phone or a new WP7 phone when its out for an additional $10 a month. The 4G phones (EVO and Epic) are an additional $20 total. It just doesnt make a whole lot of sense when the NRG roms on the TP2 are so good. At the very least, I can hold out to see what early 2011 has to offer in terms of the TP7 (think TP2 w/ WP7) and other non 4G android based HTC devices. As you've pointed out, an OC'd TP2 is not all that much different than the 1ghz TP7 if you can get a WP7 rom running well on it. This could take a while tho, look how long its taken for the android rom for TP2 to stabilize. Is there any good way to see if you have a TP2 that will OC well (i.e. "good mojo")? NRG's roms have helped increase the usability and life of our TP2 (and other HTC devices) a great deal!

Is there a changelog anywhere for Oct. 13/14 - havent seen one.

Last edited by Alpine-; 10-15-2010 at 10:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.