View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 10:16 AM
alalor
PPCGeeks Regular

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 7| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
Wow, thanx guys for the overwhelming response. I didn't intend to be that off topic, I am not that far out of the loop, I read a few pages and have unlocked...I was just wondering if a task29 and a hardreset were the same thing or they are separately necessary...

And where the latest of this rom is, I clicked the download link but I found what I was looking for. I do have a cdma-gsm worldphone...Is the latest as of 101010 stable enough?
Hello, as far as I understand task 29 erases all the OS files from the phone, so when you install a new ROM you don't have anything from the old one that could affect the performance of the new one. A Hard Reset erases all your information and data, but the phone will start into whatever OS it had before the reset, so they are completely different. A task 29 will earse all your data from the phone memory too (I think it won't from the SD card, but I would take it out just in case)